Sunday, September 22, 2013

expanding my horizons

yesterday i went on a photo walk with toronto photo walks. a group that meets every couple of weeks to go out shooting together. saturday was a scheduled walk around the belfountain conservation area. i was excited to make this trip as belfountain has a waterfall and as you all know i am all about shooting moving water these days.

it was a rainy, wet saturday. so along with my first time shooting with a new group of people it was also my first time shooting in the rain. it was difficult keeping my equipment dry. just about everyone had a different way to try to work around the elements from ponchos, to umbrellas, to camera pouches. i had picked up some optech camera sleeves a long time ago and saturday was my first time trying to use it. i would not grade the attempt a raving success but i am hopeful that with more experience i will have more success with the sleeves.

overall i was happy with the images that i got but unfortunately there were some images ruined because rain droplets had collected on my lens. that was hard to deal with but it is part of the game. the display monitor on the back of the D100 is only 1.8 square inches. so i didn't notice the water droplets until i got the images downloaded onto my computer at home.

the group is quite the cross-section of personalities and i could see myself going on future walks.

my flickr set from saturday.

No comments: