Saturday, June 15, 2013

woman vs beast(s) - the sequel

well my friends not only is my father locked in the eternal battle of supremacy man vs squirrel, or de skee-wirl dem as it is pronounced in my house but it would appear that it is my mother and father united against the neighbourhood squirrel population.

my mother however has stepped up the game and introduced weaponry to the conflict. it seems that my mother keeps a small bag of stones near the front door in a bag. when she see's a squirrel in the front yard she hustles out to the front door to grab her ammunition as fast as her senior frame will allow. she then arms herself with the projectiles.

now before you feel inclined to report my mother to PETA allow me to finish describing the event. she then opens the front door and tosses stones underhand! somewhat in the general vicinity of the squirrel, give or take ten feet. now what concerns me most about the stone throwing is the concern for who might actually be harmed by the tossed stones that land harmlessly in the grass on the front lawn.

here's hoping my dad doesn't find the stones later with the lawn mower!!

i finally got out with the camera today, i hope that i was successful, i tried to play with the new lens and i was trying to use a feature that i haven't been successful with before. if anything turns out i will be sure to share.

all in all today's experiment with the new lens went pretty well




2 comments:

Bloke423 said...

HAHAHA! That's brilliant! "give or take ten feet"!

Why doesn't your Mum just throw nuts for the squirrels and be done with it?

By the way, I love the photos -- especially the Canada Geese one!

miche said...

throwing nuts would invite them in. somehow my parents have convinced themselves that this is a fight they can win.